Not an anonymous harbinger of doom, but could you give me another salad recipe? That one sounded great but I am allergic to pineapple.
OF COURSE! Well, you can replace pineapple with tinned mandarins in that last salad if you aren’t allergic to them or
Simple Minty Tabbouleh
You will need:
200g bulgar wheat
several sprigs of fresh mint
Utensils: pan, kettle, sharp knife, chopping board, knife suitable for chopping herbs, large bowl, lemon juicer colander.
1) Put your bulgar wheat in a pan with just enough water to cover it and cook for as long as the packet indicates (it varies between brands)
2) Finely dice your tomatoes and cucumbers into roughly even sized pieces (not too small, you don’t want them mushy)
3) Finely chop your mint, taking care to remove the stalks.
4) Drain your bulgar wheat once it’s cooked (it should still be quite crunchy) and then cool under cold tap. Drain again and then put in bowl. Add your tomatoes, cucumber and mint and mix.
5) Add the juice of one lemon, drizzle over olive oil and mix again. Add salt and pepper to taste.